Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Autumn Decor



     The cold breezes, crunching of the leaves, and collections full of sweaters. The pumpkin season is coming up, so I decided to start decorating for it. Some of these decorations were purchased last year and I pulled them out of the closet. I got the rest when I went into Pier 1 Imports the other day. 
     My favorite is the cute sign that reads "There is always something to be thankful for...". It's a nice reminder to have and also a perfect fit for Thanksgiving. The biggest pumpkin with the polka dots is a DIY I made last year, taking a round sponge with gold paint and dotting a plastic pumpkin from Michaels (but you can probably pick up the supplies from any local craft store near you).
     The candles are from two different candle stores. "Autumn Trio" is a mix of 3 different scents: spiced pumpkin, harvest, and apple pumpkin. It is my go-to candle to burn. This one is light, and I will probably finish it soon... "Pumpkin Caramel Latte" fills any room with a sweet aroma. It is strong, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're not into sweet scents, but it's exactly as you would think it smells like, a pumpkin caramel latte.
     The adorable string of ghost lights is also from Pier 1 Imports. I just couldn't pass them up! I think I will place them around my window or shelf to light my room up at night while decorating in season. When I took a quick stroll down one aisle, I found a little bag of acorn fillers. Right beside it was a stack of tea-light candle holders. I decided to put the acorns in the candle holder instead of a small vase. Last but not least, I found two cute little scarecrows in the closet that I decided to bring out for this autumn. They look so happy!

Decorations:







No comments:

Post a Comment