Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Favorite Holiday Books

     If there's one thing I anticipate most this time every year, it's all of the holiday books. These stories take place during winter and revolve around the holiday season. If you also love books, then I definitely suggest these:





Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle

     A humorous read that is composed of three romantic stories which are connected through characters. Let It Snow is one of those books that you get so caught up in, it becomes hard to put down. One of the things that I find interesting is how the stories have obviously been planned out well and ideas have been discussed as to how they can be tied together, yet each one is so different. What I mean by this is one takes you down the path of a girl who meets a boy that welcomes her into his home and family for the break, while another provides you with story of a group of friends on a mission. Something else that I like is how three unique writing styles merge together to provide an entertaining book full of laughs. This is my favorite recommendation.




Build-a-Bear- Holly and Hal Moose: Our Uplifting Christmas Adventure

     This is one that I'm not sure everyone would enjoy reading as I like to flip through the pages again every once in a while because it brings back memories of when I read it as a younger child. I came across this book years back when I used to love walking around in the Build-a-Bear Workshop and saw one day that they were selling a holiday book. It's about two moose who help out in the North Pole on Christmas Eve. It's certainly a book to give to a younger sibling or cousin.




My True Love Gave To Me by Holly Black, Ally Carter, Matt De La Pena, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor, Kiersten White

     This fantastic novel is composed of 12 short stories written by 12 bestselling YA authors. I'm not usually a fan of anthologies but I decided to try this specific one since some authors I really like contributed to it. I was surprised as to how much I loved it. There were some stories where I know I would love it from the first page, and others that I had to get partway through until I started to grow interested. One intriguing story sticks out in my mind about a mysterious girl who trades airplane tickets with another girl and finds herself living with the girl's ex boyfriend + family. It was one of those that I didn't think I would like as much, but I did as soon as she wouldn't reveal her mysterious past to the boyfriend. My favorite short story is about a girl who wants to ask a special guy a favor to borrow his voice for her animation project. He works with a family business selling christmas trees. She ends up buying one and has a short conversation with him before he helped her carry the tree home. What I find adorable about the illustration on the cover is that each couple ice-skating is from an individual short story in the book. When I finished reading each story, I looked at the cover to see if I could find the people that matched the descriptions I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment